Install Microsoft Office365
Who is eligible for the free version of Office 365? Currently enrolled UNT students, faculty, and staff.
How long can it be used? Only while currently enrolled at UNT as a student or currently employed by UNT.
- Go to Office.com
- Click "Sign in", then sign in with your EagleConnect Email address and password
- Click the “Install Office” menu on the left, then click "Office 365 Apps"
- The Office 365 App suite will start downloading. Follow the on-screen instructions listed to complete the installation.
- Please do not go offline or restart your computer during this process; it is actively installing the software at this point. You likely will see a status indicator like this one:
- While the installation is ongoing, you may be prompted to sign in to your account.
- Click “Sign in” and you’ll be prompted for a username. Enter your EagleConnect ID, usually in the form of FirstLast@my.unt.edu) and click “Next.”
- The next screen will ask you to verify which type of account you’re using to sign in. Since this is a service through EagleConnect from UNT, select “Organizational account.”
- On the next page, enter your password and select “Sign in.” At this point, the installer will offer to give you a walk-through of Office 365 or skip to the end where you will be presented with a larger progress indicating the status of your Office install. Once you see the screen below, you are all done and ready to use the software!
Having trouble downloading or installing Office 365?
- For the desktop installation, please be sure you don’t lose internet access or restart your computer during the installation.
- Office 365 installation error “Something went wrong”.
- General troubleshooting for installing Office 365.
How does this differ from EagleConnect’s OneDrive Office Web Apps that are already available?
The OneDrive Office Web Apps are a great solution for managing your MS Office documents on the go, since they may be accessed and modified anywhere you have Internet access and a web browser. The applications included with Microsoft Office 365 are the full, separate applications and can be used “offline,” such as when using the software on a desktop or laptop.